Can I Connect Bluetooth Headphones to a Westinghouse TV
Westinghouse TVs come with several great features for your viewing pleasure. However, every model is different. This may bring up the question in your mind, “Can I connect Bluetooth headphones to my Westinghouse TV?”
Certain models of Westinghouse TVs have the Bluetooth option. Bluetooth can be connected via the TV using a mobile device, an optional sound bar, or the TV itself. If you have a non-Bluetooth TV, a transmitter can be used to connect your headphones.
As we go through the procedure of how to hook up Bluetooth headphones to your Westinghouse TV, you will be able to tell if your TV has the Bluetooth option. Let’s take a look at what you need to do to hook up your Bluetooth headphones.
Connecting Your Bluetooth Headphones to Westinghouse TV
If your TV has the Bluetooth option, it will be in the Settings respectively.
Here is how to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Westinghouse TV:
- Go into the Settings on the left side of the Menu.
- From there, you will want to select Remotes and Devices.
- When selecting the Bluetooth option, the TV will search for possible Bluetooth pairing options in your surrounding area.
- In order for your Bluetooth headphones to pair, you will need to place the headphones in pairing mode. This allows the headphones to be discovered by the TV.
- After selecting the headphones, you are good to go! It’s as simple as that.
If you are having an issue with the volume, it can also be adjusted using the TV’s remote control.
Connecting Your Bluetooth Headphones Using a Mobile Device
If you have a mobile device with Bluetooth headphones, you are in luck. You can pair your Westinghouse Roku TV with your phone so you can listen with your headphones that are paired with your mobile. Pretty convenient!
Additionally, when using the “private listening” feature, sound will not be output from your TV, only your Bluetooth headphones. This is a privacy feature many people enjoy.
Hooking the headphones up to your mobile device can be accomplished by:
- Downloading the Roku app on your mobile
- Setting up the app
- Access the Bluetooth settings
The TV and mobile phone must be connected to the same wireless network in order for this to work properly. You can also use this option if your TV has a HDTV antenna hooked up to it, but not an analog over-the-air connection.
This hookup process can be done from your sound bar, if you have one. You will need to follow the instructions in the user manual of your sound bar’s manufacturer to set up your headphones.
Connecting Bluetooth Headphones to a Non-Bluetooth TV
You may be disappointed if you don’t have a Bluetooth enabled TV.
But don’t worry, there is still a way to get your headphones able to be used:
- This will require a Bluetooth transmitter hooked up to your TV.
- An audio or optical cable will need to be hooked up to the SPDIF/AUDIO port on your TV and the other end to the transmitter.
- After turning on the transmitter you will be able to pair your headphones.
As far as price goes, transmitters are fairly affordable and get your headphones up and running without hurting your wallet.
Troubleshooting Issues With Your Bluetooth Headphones
If you are having some problems with the connection of your headphones to your TV, there are some simple things to address that can solve your issue.
Here’s how to troubleshoot issues with your bluetooth headphones when pairing to your Westinghouse TV:
- Make sure your Bluetooth headphones are in range of the TV. Bluetooth has an approximate range of 30 feet, which should be plenty to reach your TV’s transmitter.
- If you are having a problem with your Bluetooth headphones staying connected, try un-pairing them and starting the pairing process over again from scratch.
- Only one Bluetooth device can be connected at a time.
- Reset your TV and try connecting the Bluetooth headphones again. Sometimes TV’s can use a good reset.
- Make sure the firmware of the TV is updated to the most current version. This can be checked on the manufacturer’s website. Firmware updates often solve other issues also.
- Move any electronic devices that may cause interruption with the Bluetooth connection.
- Make sure your TV is not placed on a metal stand or rack.
- Turn the Bluetooth option off then back on again. Sometimes the Bluetooth setting needs a good reset too.
Now you know whether you can connect Bluetooth headphones to your Westinghouse TV, and how to do so.
Bluetooth headphones are an awesome way to experience the full sound of your TV and enhance your viewing experience. They are also another way to enjoy the sound of your TV privately without interrupting others in the room.
Hooking up Bluetooth headphones can be done whether you have a TV with the option or without, so rest assured you can use your headphones no matter what model your Westinghouse TV is.