Can Eufy RoboVac 11S Clean Multiple Rooms?
Sometimes your house needs to be cleaned, and you want to wave your hand and have your butler do it. Sadly, you don’t have a butler. But you do have the option of getting the next best thing: a robotic vacuum cleaner servant. A small, tireless friend that will keep your floors clean because it wants to. However, is the Eufy RoboVac 11S the best fit for you?
The Eufy RoboVac 11S can clean multiple rooms on a single charge, but it lacks mapping capabilities, so it might take a while. The Eufy RoboVac 11S follows a random path and then changes directions when meeting obstacles, so it might miss some desired places or rooms.
The Eufy RoboVac 11S is a budget-friendly entry-level robotic vacuum cleaner that can be somewhat light on features but isn’t necessarily bad. If you are looking for a robotic vacuum for someone that gets easily overwhelmed with new technology, then this might just be the perfect present for that person. It is simple to use, understand, and set up.
The RoboVac 11S is the entry-level, budget-friendly vacuum in the eufy line. Just because it can’t be connected to WiFi doesn’t mean it doesn’t have some awesome features. The RoboVac 11S has an infrared remote control to program the vacuum’s cleaning schedule and various features and settings. This may seem limiting, but it doesn’t have to be.
You can use a single included Eufy infrared remote control to program and control multiple RoboVac 11S vacuums simultaneously as long as the base station or the vacuum’s infrared sensor is capable of seeing the remote control.
The infrared remote control included with the RoboVac 11S is capable of controlling multiple RoboVac 11S vacuums at the same time. As long as the vacuum or base station can see the remote control, it will be able to control or program any number of vacuums. This allows the user not to have to juggle multiple remote controls for multiple rooms.
With the ability to program and schedule multiple machines using a single remote, it would be possible to get many rooms cleaned using a RoboVac 11S. The only problem becomes the RoboVac 11S uses random bumper navigation to navigate itself around your house. Since it lacks any kind of path tracking or mapping, it doesn’t know where it has and hasn’t been.
Since it doesn’t know its previous path, it will likely miss spots and clean spots repeatedly as obstacles present themselves before it. With multiple machines, it would be possible to cover more ground and have a better chance of cleaning multiple rooms, but if you are going to spend the extra money, you might as well get one with room mapping, to be certain.
There are multiple machines available in the Eufy line that have access to mapping features. It would be much more cost-effective to get a robotic vacuum cleaner that can map its environment out and be certain that it won’t miss a spot than to try and cover a larger area with multiple random path machines.
Here is a list of Eufy RoboVacs that have mapping capabilities:
- RoboVac G10 Hybrid
- RoboVac G20
- RoboVac G20 Hybrid
- RoboVac G30
- RoboVac G30 Verge
- RoboVac G30 Edge
- RoboVac G30 Hybrid
- RoboVac L70 Hybrid
- RoboVac X8
- RoboVac X8 Hybrid
The G-Series of RoboVacs use gyroscopic mapping to track their paths around their environment. An upgrade of this method is Lidar-guided environment mapping. Utilized by the RoboVac L70, X8, and X8 Hybrid.
Eufy RoboVac 11S Pros
Some of the pros of the Eufy RoboVac 11S are:
- It is a very affordable entry-level robotic vacuum cleaner
- The setup of the automatic charging station and the vacuum itself is so easy anyone could do it
- The slim profile (at only 2.8 inches tall) makes it, so it is capable of getting under very low-profile furniture
- Simple remote control included – the vacuum can even be driven around manually using the directional arrows on the remote
- BoostIQ – Eufy’s floor detection technology that increases suction based on smooth flooring or carpeting
- Side brushes for getting into tight corners
Eufy RoboVac 11S Cons
Some of the cons of the Eufy RoboVac 11S are:
- For some, the limited range of features and simplicity will be a negative
- There is no app control – the only way to control the scheduling or features are through the included remote control
- No voice control
- It doesn’t have an alarm or alert when its bin is full – this can be a hassle
- It can’t set magnetic boundaries, so it could get tangled in cords or knock over pet food and water bowls.
- No mapping capability – random navigation
- Can’t choose specific days on the cleaning schedule – only a specific time each day
The Eufy RoboVac 11S is an entry-level robotic vacuum at an entry-level price. It lacks some of the more advanced features of the more expensive models of even Eufy’s line, but the simplicity is its strong suit. The ease of use and setup make it the perfect use case for someone that isn’t necessarily a typically tech-minded person but still wants to be involved in tech.
But for that person, the Eufy RoboVac 11S will be a fantastic machine. It will do everything they could expect (and more) without them having to feel like a small vacuum cleaner has defeated them in an intelligence contest.