When it comes to studying, it can be a tough task when you have to do it by yourself. Having Alexa as a study buddy could help you to ace a test or understand vocabulary better.
Can Alexa help you study? Yes, Alexa can help you with studying and making sure you are able to remember what you have learned. There are a few skills you can add to Alexa to help with your studying that include:
- Setup a studying mood
Alexa is capable of handling the basics of studying to ensure your success. All you have to do is add a certain skill to Alexa’s skill set if the program is not already set up with the device. There are a few steps to learn to get those features enabled.
How Do You Use Alexa for Studying?
Upon first glance of an Alexa enabled device, you may not think that it can help you study. Amazon offers Skill Blueprints to add to your Alexa device.
On this page, you will see several tabs down the home page.
Find the Learning and Knowledge tab and it will show you everything Alexa is capable of doing in the realm of learning. Those skills include:
- Listening Quiz
- Story Quiz
If you decide to put the Quiz skill on your Alexa device, here is how you can create the quiz tailored to a specific topic. Remember, you can create multiple quizzes with different quiz names for Alexa to recognize.
- If you have not done so already, set up your Alexa enabled device and then connect it to your Amazon account.
- Go to the Skills Blueprint home page on your computer and click on the Learn tab. Next, click on the Quiz tab.
- At the bottom of the page, the is a Make Your Own button. This will bring up the ‘Customize the Quiz’ page to let you input your questions, answers, and follow-up facts to the questions.
- You can add as many questions as you need to that will help better prepare you for your test. You have the ability to go back and edit any questions if you need to.
- Click Next: Experience. This page is letting you edit what Alexa will say in the introduction of the quiz. You can edit what Alexa says to greets the players and what sounds it will make based on when someone gets the question right or wrong.
- Once you have finished, click on the Next: Name button. This will let you name the quiz and remember that you can change the name later.
- Click the Next: Create Skill button in the top right corner of the screen.
- This next stage will make you log in to your Amazon account. From this point on you can have this quiz be a private quiz for your household only, share with any of your friends or family, or publish it for others to use in the Alexa Skills Store.
You can have other individuals help you during your studying if you use other skills like Flashcard, but so far, Quiz is the only skill that allows for up to 4 players.
Now you understand where to find the studying tools that Alexa has to help you study. However, can Alexa help you with setting up a studying environment?
Can Alexa Create a Study Mood?
Alexa can help to set up your studying environment. Alexa is able to change the tone of your lights if you have light bulbs that are compatible to an Alexa device. Some examples of those lights are:
Next, you can ask Alexa to play your set playlists or to find a certain playlist for you. Amazon allows you to connect the following third-party accounts to Alexa:
- Spotify (Premium Only)
- Apple Music
- TuneIn (You do not have to sign-in)
To connect these third-party accounts, you must do the following:
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone or open it with your computer.
- On the left-hand side, click on the Settings button.
- Next, open the Music tab and then you are able to start connecting your accounts.
When you are studying many subjects at once, time can slip away from you every now and again. Use Alexa to set a timer so that you know when to start studying for another subject.
Once you are done completing an assignment and you are finished with one subject, you can have Alexa knock it off of your to-do list. This allows you to keep pushing and knock off as many assignments as you can before the day is done.