Earlier this year, Amazon took their streaming game and user experience to the next level, by producing Fire TV CUBE, which came with an additional Alexa voice command. To maximize your experience, here are a few apps worth installing on your Fire TV Cube.
Keep reading to find out the best apps for the Fire TV Cube and how to install them.
Nova TV is a free app that provides categorized tv shows and movies in high quality. Due to its numerous sources for movies and TV shows, it is updated often, much to the delight of its users, along with the download option to save movies and TV shows.
Cinema HD APK also allows you watch popular movies and TV shows in HD, although It is not a common type of movie app. The app functions more like a search engine tool for finding movies and shows.
You count on it never to pop up illegal content to its users. A worthy point of note is that you don’t have to sign up for any account to use the app.
Just like Cinema apk, Popcornflix is a free on-demand streaming service that offers movies and TV episodes for free, with no need for registration. However, Popcornflixadds advertisements into the viewing experience.
CineHub is an app that supports online screening and streaming of stream movies and TV shows on your Amazon Fire Stick, without paying a dime.
Produced by the BBC, BBC iPlayer allows you watch all of the corporation’s TV channels online and almost all of their programmes are available to watch shortly after they’ve been broadcasted. It also offers access to the BBC Archives and live events and online exclusives.
Previously known as XBMC, Kodi is a free media player application, that was developed by the XBMC Foundation. The app aids in managing your local collection of movies, television shows, music, and even photos.
If you’d like to learn more about the Fire TV Cube, check out this article.
Syncler is an app that helps you stream movies and TV shows. Although similar to TVZion, but it functions differently. It is a synchronizing app that helps you arrange and sync all your Movies and TV Shows history, and progress, in one place on your TV or phone.
NPR One is seen as the foremost audio app that is aimed at making it simpler for users to stream local NPR stations live, and listen to NPR podcasts by allowing easy navigation.
The SiriusXM app is used to play SiriusXM content – lots of archived performances and podcasts – on phone and other connected devices. It offers commercial-free music, in addition to news, sports, and comedy.
If you are in for excellent audio, music videos, exclusive content and original articles, then tidal app is the right choice for you.
It’s very good sound quality, numerous playlists, original feature length article pieces, unlimited access to exclusive content, live streams and concerts, stands it out from the crowd.
So, how do you install these apps? keep reading to find out.
How To Install Apps on Fire TV Cube?
Even though Amazon already has a lot of pre-installed apps for Fire TV Cube users, you are not limited to only these pre-installed apps. There are several ways to install apps on Fire TV Cube.
You could install these apps by either:
1. Through the Amazon App Store
2. Making use of the Search Function
3. Voice Control (Alexa)
Let’s look into these below.
How to Browse and Download New Apps on Fire TV Cube, Using the Amazon App Store?
Here’s how to download new apps from the Amazon app store:
- Make sure your internet connection is secured before you start.
- Go to your Home Screen.
- To access the top menu, Click on the Up button on the directional pad. Click the Right button continuously, until you get to Apps.
- Here, you press the Down button to open the Apps tab.
- At this point, a list of apps and games will appear. Select the app you desire, by pressing the central button on the directional pad.
- Click Get to install. (The apps could be free or purchased). After installing, the app will be added to your home screen. Click on the app to launch it.
Now, let’s look at how to use the voice control feature to download apps.
How to Use the Search Function and the Voice Control (Alexa) to download Apps on a Fire TV Cube?
You can use the search function to search and install an app on For TV Cube, or you could use the voice control (Alexa), to find and install the app.
Here’s how to use the Search Function to find and download apps in a Fire TV Stick:
- When you open your Home Screen, you will see a small search icon at the top-left corner Click on the icon to open the Search Function.
- Using your remote, type in the name of the app that you wish to download.
- Click on the central button on the directional pad to select the app.
- Click on Get or Download to complete the installation.
- After installation, click on open to start the app.
Now, let’s see how to do this with Alexa.
How to Install Apps on Fire TV Cube Using Alexa
One advantage the Amazon Fire TV Cube has over other devices, is the added voice control feature(Alexa). You can now use your Alexa Voice Remote to download apps for yourself.
This is how to download apps on Fire TV Cube using Alexa:
- On your Alexa Voice Remote, click on the voice button.
- Mention the name of the desired app.
- When the app appears on screen, use the voice command to download it, by saying “Get”
Now you know how to install apps on your Fire TV Cube.
Amazon’s decision to improve on their already existing streaming devices by introducing their Fire TV Cube device, showcases their willingness to enhance the satisfaction of their customers.
What’s better is the fact that this Fire TV Cube allows the installation of apps, which are needed to maximize the entertainment experience of users, even though it puts them in a state of dilemma, from picking the right apps.
Hopefully, this article helps users to choose and install the best apps on their Fire TV Cube devices.