If you own a Blink Outdoor Camera, you probably know about its convenience; it allows you to see who is around your home with a live view and also allows you to save recordings to view later. To protect your camera against vandalism and theft, you will want to make sure you choose a good mount to keep it securely on the wall.
The Blink Outdoor Camera already comes with a compatible mounting bracket and screws for installation. However, if you prefer to use a different type of mount, other brands, such as Aotnex and CoolWufan, offer suitable alternatives.
You may be wondering why you may want to use a different mount if the Blink Outdoor Camera already comes with one. We’ll cover this as well as some of the best alternative mounts you can use with the device below.
Best Mounts for Blink Outdoor Camera
While the Blink Outdoor Camera comes with a mount, it’s not the best one to use. It might be more cost-effective and easier to install, but it could lead to issues in the long run. Some of the major problems with the mount that comes with the camera include:
- It has to be installed high enough for someone not to be able to steal the camera—the screws are not very secure, so it would take little effort to remove it from an exterior wall.
- The mount limits left to right movement and does not swivel 360 degrees.
- It requires a right-angle adaptor for some surfaces.
Luckily, there are several other excellent options for mounting your outdoor camera. Here are some of the best ones available on Amazon:
CoolWufan Blink Outdoor Camera Wall Mount Bracket
The CoolWufan mount is the best choice if you are looking for a mount without wiring. It has the following features:
- Provides full protection against all weather and UV rays
- Doesn’t affect the two-way talk or the night vision
- 360-degree swivel and 90-degree tilt
Gresur 360 Adjustable Mount
Gresur’s mount comes in a five-pack, so it’s a great choice if you need to mount several cameras. It also has the following features:
- The package comes with all cords and materials you need
- Wires are cut short to avoid a tangled mess
- 360-degree rotation
- Swivel to eliminate blind spots
GoHonor Blink 3-Pack Outdoor Camera Mount Bracket
GoHonor’s mounts come as a three-pack, so it’s an excellent choice for mounting several cameras. It also has the following features:
- Full weatherproof housing
- Comes with a USB charging cable
- Easy wire management tools and holes
- Gives you a wide view of the yard and driveway
Aotnex Blink Outdoor Camera Wall Mount
If you are looking for a fuller coverage mount, look into the Aotnex Blink Outdoor Camera Wall Mount. It’s very durable and great for mounting the camera outdoors. The following features are the most important:
- The cover is made of hard plastic that gives it a protective coating.
- Fully waterproof and won’t get damaged in rain or snow.
- Wires are easy to handle and cut short to keep them from getting tangled and damaged.
- 360-degree swivel and 90-degree tilt will let you see many angles and areas of the home and yard.
- Full coverage case gives you ultimate protection and takes the stress of possible damage away.
This case does involve some wiring and screws, but all the materials you need are included. It’s also the better option if you are worried about your camera getting wet and you have a larger driveway or yard that you need to have a clear view of.
Why Choose Other Mounts Over the Blink Mount?
While the above camera mounts have different features, overall, they have some great additions that make them much better than the mount that comes with the Blink Outdoor Camera.
- They are made of high-quality acrylic material and hard plastic with a protective coating
- The magnetic installation makes some cases very easy to install and remove
- 360-degree swivels provide angled viewing
- Outlet mounts allow you to charge the camera without having to deal with messy wires
- Covers don’t affect the night vision and two-way audio
- 90-degree tilts will let you see many angles and areas of the home and yard
- Full-coverage cases give you ultimate protection from the sun and UV rays, rain, and wind, and take the stress of possible damage away
The Blink Outdoor Camera comes with a mount that many people use because it’s simple and easy to install. It even comes with basic mounting hardware for the process, including a right-angle adapter and screws.
However, if you prefer another option with extra features, there are plenty of alternative options online; just make sure it’s durable, waterproof, and just as easy to set up and adjust.