You may have just got done purchasing your new Arlo Video Doorbell. This may be a new experience for you in the realm of smart home technology. Throughout the process you may run into some technical difficulties. So, why is your Arl video doorbell not connecting to WiFi?
One of the issues you can have with the Arlo Video Doorbell is that it will not connect to WiFi. When choosing the WiFi model, following the setup instructions is essential to ensuring the connection process goes smoothly.
Now that you have your Arlo Doorbell going through the setup mode and have run into an error, let’s take a look briefly at what the Arlo Doorbell is and what your next steps will be to ensure a successful finished setup.
Arlo Doorbell Setup Issues Addressed
Many of these issues are directly related to a connection problem with the wireless network, so most of the technical information will involve procedures closely tied in with the setup of such.
When first setting up the Arlo Doorbell, there should have been a QR Code to scan included with the setup material. After scanning this you should have heard a chime. If it still wasn’t discovered, keep an eye out on the LED display.
If the light blinks amber then turns to solid white, the Arlo Doorbell was unable to connect to the WiFi. Taking us to the next stage, here are some things we need to check:
- Make sure you have entered the correct Network SSID. This is case sensitive.
- Make sure the network password is correct and double check it.
- Make sure that you are attempting to hook up to a 2.4Ghz network. This is required of the Arlo Video Doorbell to function properly on the network.
- Make sure where you put your WiFi router is close enough to where you place your doorbell that it is not out of range. Proximity will directly reflect the reliability of the components.
- When using the Arlo App, make sure you check your updates and make sure that you are using the latest version of the Arlo App.
Next Steps to Take if Arlo Video Doorbell is Still Not Hooked-Up
If the Arlo Video Doorbell continues to flash white after approximately 5 minutes, this means the Doorbell could not be discovered by your Arlo App. You will need to check the next steps to ensure a great connection:
- Make sure your mobile device is connected to the same 2.4Ghz network that the Arlo Essential Video Doorbell is connected to during network discovery.
- Make sure you check your internet connection for faults and ensure the speed of it is above 2Mbps.
- If your doorbell is too far away from your router, you can consider using a WiFi extender or mesh network to improve connection.
- Make sure any VPN connections are turned off.
- Ensure that Wi-Fi Assist and Adaptive Wi-Fi features are both off on your mobile device.
After going through these steps listed here and above, if your Arlo Video Doorbell is still inoperable, you will need to go ahead with a reset of the device. Arlo’s website has plenty of links to tutorials on how to do the reset and also has direct links to the Arlo Support channel that you might find handy.
Arlo Video Doorbell Functionality
Arlo includes a variety of different options in their lineup when looking at the website. The Arlo doorbell comes in two different options, either wired or wireless, depending on your preference and where you intend on mounting the doorbell.
Arlo makes cameras also, along with their standard doorbells, and floodlight cameras, with a large selection of accessories to choose from depending on the product you select. Arlo even has solar panel options available to charge their devices, which is new in the industry.
Arlo gives the convenient option of being able to bundle their products into one package so you get the best of everything Arlo has to offer in its lineup. These mainly include doorbell and camera packages with the size and amount of cameras and doorbells varying, depending on the size of your living arrangement.
The Arlo Video Doorbells and Cameras along with other great items in their showcase are a good selection to add to your home to ensure safety both inside and outside. Just like with any other piece of new technology, we sometimes run into a snag setting it up, and need to go back through the steps again to make sure we didn’t miss anything.
Since most troubleshooting for these devices is minimal, we hope the information in this article was helpful enough to get you up and running to enjoy your new gadgets!
If you would like to learn more about the Arlo doorbell, check out this article.