Levoit humidifiers are a good brand that offers high quality and a great price. They specialize in smart humidifiers that are:
- Easy to maintain
- Feature a choice of a preferred humidity level
- Option between cold and warm mist
With so many options to choose from, let us look at what you should consider when buying a humidifier and all about the Levoit humidifiers.
Is Levoit a Good Choice for Humidifiers?
The Levoit brand specializes in high-quality smart home appliances including humidifiers. In addition, they have a range of humidifiers of various sizes and prices to suit your requirements.
The pros include:
- Levoit humidifiers have a user-friendly interface with simple buttons and an LED display.
- A 360-degree nozzle ensures uniform humidification and can help you control the direction of the mist.
- Low noise levels reach a maximum of 30 decibels, making it ideal for overnight use.
- They are easy to maintain due to an easily accessible tank.
- Option to choose between warm and cool mist, aromatherapy, and mist level control. You can choose auto mode to adjust and maintain ideal humidity levels.
- The long run time in comparison to tank size ensures that you do not worry about filling up the tank several times a day.
- The Levoit LV600HH model uses a humidistat that prevents over-humidification.
If you like stylish and sleek home appliances, these humidifiers will discreetly fit right in with your style.
Can I Use Tap Water In a Levoit Humidifier?
Levoit humidifiers are ultrasonic models and do not use filters. Therefore, they attract more bacteria and mineral sediments from tap water.
While you can use tap water, the manufacturer recommends using the following to prevent white dust:
- Distilled water
The white dust from mineral sediments can cause health problems if you have allergies or suffer asthma attacks. However, you can minimize this by cleaning your humidifier often using vinegar.
How Long Does a Levoit Humidifier Last?
How long your humidifier lasts after each refill is dependent on the size of the tank and the level of moisture output. Therefore, your humidifier will last longer with a larger tank-to-moisture output ratio.
Most Levoit humidifiers have a 1.5-gallon tank, which lasts for 36, 40, and up to 60 hours between refills. However, this depends on the model you buy.
In addition, if you regularly maintain your humidifier and use distilled water, you can expect a life expectancy of 10-15 years.
What Is the Percentage Humidity on Levoit Humidifiers?
Ideal indoor humidity is between 30 to 60% to make breathing easier without making the room foggy. Additionally, good humidity levels soothe your skin and can help you recover from a cold or allergic reaction.
Levoit ultrasonic humidifiers have buttons that start humidity levels from 40% and you can increase it up to 80%.
If you use a warm mist, the humidity levels rise faster than when using a cold mist. Additionally, it increases the temperature.
Tips When Buying a Humidifier
Your ideal choice of a humidifier should be high quality, maintain good humidity levels for a long time, and not consume too much energy.
You should consider the following:
- The tank capacity; how much water can it hold after refilling? A large tank results in longer runtime and fewer refills.
- Size of the room. If you have a large room, a humidifier with a large coverage is the best choice.
- Moisture output is the rate at which a humidifier increases moisture in the air in gallons per hour or day. A high moisture output results in a shorter runtime and more refills.
- Ease of use. You should choose a humidifier that is easily portable, easy to refill, and can clean easily. A high-quality filter requires minimum maintenance.
- Noise level. Humidifiers with low noise levels, 30 decibels and below are ideal for home use, especially at night.
- Smart features. With most home products having smart features, you can choose a humidifier that uses an app, has a night mode, child lock, smart memory, and auto-shutoff.
Additionally, choosing a humidifier with a warranty and safety certifications ensures that you have peace of mind.
Dry air can damage your skin, cause throat, and nasal irritation, itchy eyes, and damage to your walls. A humidifier is a great investment for your health and the maintenance of your home.
If you want a humidifier that offers premium features and looks expensive without compromising on quality, Levoit humidifiers are an excellent choice. In addition, it is budget friendly too.
The products have a one-year limited warranty. However, you can get an extra year if you register your humidifier online within the first two weeks of purchase.