Getting a new home security floodlight is a great way to keep your home safe in volatile times. It is also a great way to keep an eye on the wildlife that travels through your backyard. When selecting a new floodlight camera, it is important to know all its features. People often wonder, are Eufy Floodlight Cameras wireless?
Eufy Floodlight Cameras are not wireless. They must be hardwired into the home’s electricity to maintain constant power. It eliminates the need for long power cords or rechargeable batteries. The floodlights have a long power cord if you do not have wiring.
Now that you know you have two power options for your Eufy Floodlight Cameras, it is time to install them. Keep reading to learn how to set up the wireless cameras and learn more about the floodlight cameras’ other wireless features via Bluetooth.
How to Install a Hardwired Eufy Floodlight Camera
The Eufy Floodlight Camera comes with easy installation instructions. If your house is already wired for a floodlight, this camera can easily take its place. If it doesn’t have the electrical connection to be hardwired, it can also function through a regular power cord plugged into a power outlet. Once out of the box, start following these instructions to install your tech:
- Unscrew and remove the power cord from the camera
- Turn off the power to the electricity in the home
- Install the mounting panel for the Eufy Floodlight Camera
- Hang the light on the hook to the junction box
- Connect the wires as indicated in the instructions that come with the floodlight camera
- Cover, cap, and screw the back of the light into place
Finally, try out the tech to see if it is working properly. To test the Eufy Floodlight Camera, you will need to turn on the power once it has been installed. The brightness can be adjusted, a schedule can be set up, or you can look through the camera to see if the angle is right by looking through it.
If it is not, you can always cut the power and adjust it as needed to meet your needs. Also, keep in mind your Eufy Floodlight Camera’s distance from the router when installing it.
Installing a Plug-In Eufy Floodlight Camera
If your home does not have a hardwire area for a floodlight and you do not want to pay an electrician to install a junction box for this purpose, you can still use the Eufy Floodlight Camera. The floodlight camera has a mounting option and a standard power plug adapter. Here is how to set up the Eufy Floodlight Camera with its plug:
- The plug on the back is already screwed into the base; plug it in inside to ensure the tech is operational.
- Bring the floodlight camera outside and choose a spot to mount it.
- Install the mounting plate onto the house where you want the floodlight camera to go.
- Insert the floodlight camera base onto the mount and screw it on.
The floodlight camera is ready to go! Make sure to test it out after it’s mounted so you know you have a good field of view.
Eufy has made it easy for anyone to be able to use their products without needing to spend a fortune on an electrician. This means that everyone can enjoy this product’s safety and security without breaking the bank.
Although the Eufy Floodlight Camera needs to be hardwired or plugged in to work, it doesn’t need an ethernet cord to connect to the internet or work with its companion app. This makes it extremely easy to enjoy the floodlight camera while on the go. You can control many things for the floodlight camera through the wireless app. Here are some of the highlights:
- Create a schedule for the Eufy Floodlight Camera. A schedule allows you to automate the floodlight camera so that it will turn on and off at certain points during the day. This removes the need to remember to set it daily, improves safety, and reduces electricity costs.
- Adjust motion sensitivity. If you notice you are getting alerts for every little thing the camera picks up, you can adjust it in the settings. You can change the motion to detect humans only or lower its sensitivity level so that not every wind-fed leaf causes a reaction.
- Look through the camera. If you are not at home and receive an alert, you can open the app and look at the camera. It will provide a live feed of who or what is at your home and causing the alerts.
There is no doubt that the eufySecurity app is user-friendly and intuitive. As a result, you can keep track of all your security needs in one place without having to fight with the hardware itself to achieve your desired result.
A Wireless Security Solution
Eufy makes a perfect addition to your home security setup. The waterproof floodlight camera is sturdy, affordable, and intuitive. It has two convenient ways to hook up to your home, so you do not have to hire anyone to help you install the camera. Overall, it is a great purchase for any security enthusiast.