Amazon Halo Band Not Connecting
The Amazon Halo Band works in tandem with the Halo app on your mobile device. If the band is not connecting to the app, there is a problem. The good news is that there are ways to fix it yourself.
If your Amazon halo band isn’t connecting or pairing with the halo app on your mobile, some of the steps you can take to resolve the issue are:
- Removing the band from the charger and placing it back in properly
- Factory resetting the band
- Unpair the band from your phone’s Bluetooth settings and pair it back in the app.
In this piece, we will discuss the possible reasons for the Halo Band not connecting to the app and how you can fix it. Keep reading to find out about all of this.
The Amazon Halo Band uses a Bluetooth connection to connect with and synchronize with the halo app on your phone. One of the main issues that could come up in the daily use of the band is the device not connecting to the app.
Some of the reasons for this include:
- A minor bug affects the band: Devices that run software are always susceptible to bugs that make them run inaccurately. Such a bug can lie with your app or the band itself. There is not much cause for alarm as you can easily resolve it.
- The app is malfunctioning: The app itself may be the one with the problem. This could be due to an app bug that is easily resolved.
- The phone is not within range: As the band connects to your mobile via Bluetooth, if the phone is not within Bluetooth range, the phone won’t detect the halo band.
- Hardware damage: This problem is never ruled out in cases like this. While it seems to be the unlikeliest, it is also the one that you can’t resolve by yourself. Rather, you would have to contact Amazon customer support for assistance.
These are all the possible reasons your halo band isn’t pairing with the Halo App on your mobile. Luckily, you can resolve it by yourself. The following section goes into detail on how to do this.
How to Fix Amazon Halo Band Not Connecting
If your band isn’t connecting to the app, here are some things to try.
- Ensure that the battery is charged: The first thing you should do if your Halo band isn’t connecting to the app is to check if it’s charged, as a low battery can be the cause of this. If you are not sure, charge it first.
- Pair the band and your phone through the Halo app. If you have already paired them from the phone’s Bluetooth settings, unpair them by using “Forget this device” if your mobile is an iPhone and “Unpair” if your mobile is an Android.
- Factory reset your Halo band: Even if the device is new, you might have to factory reset it to connect to the app. To reset, press the button on the band twice. On the second press, hold the button down until you see a blinking purple light.
- Take the device out of its charger and put it back in. Ensure that the pins of the charger and the band are properly aligned.
Afterward, you can start the in-app pairing process again. If none of the above works, contact Amazon customer service for support.
How to Connect the New Amazon Halo Band
Before using a new halo band, you must follow the following processes to connect to the app. As the band doesn’t have a screen, you otherwise run the risk of putting on the band without any result to show for it.
- Depending on your device, download the app from the Google play store or Apple’s App Store. The app is compatible with iOS 12.0 and Android 7.0 on iPhones and Android phones, respectively.
- Put on the Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- Give the app permission to use Bluetooth and pair it with the band.
You will then be directed to the homepage that has you to start setting up.
After the device is paired with the band, enter your Amazon account details to log in. Afterward, the app will request details like weight, birthdate, sex and height. These details are used in calculating accurate calories and setting up the best workout routines for you.
It is a big problem if your halo band isn’t connecting to the halo app on your mobile device, especially if it was working before and suddenly stopped. Fortunately, you can solve many of these causes on your own. You can do this by factory resetting the band, ensuring that the band is well charged and pairing it with your phone from the app.