ADT Pulse App Not Working: Troubleshooting
The ADT Pulse app is supposed to allow you to control your home and business security from the comfort of your phone and other mobile devices. But it can’t offer these benefits if it stops working and suddenly requires troubleshooting.
In this article, we will break down common problems faced with the ADT Pulse app, why the app may not work properly, and some tips and tricks to resolve the issue you’re dealing with.
Black Screen on the ADT Pulse App
A black screen on your ADT Pulse app is not as serious as it seemingly presents. This is also one of the most common problems that users have with the app.
There are a couple of things you can do to solve this problem:
- You can try closing the app and any other applications running in the background and then try it again. Sometimes, the ADT pulse app is just having a really bad time loading up and might just need to be reloaded.
- You might have to do a hard reboot of your whole phone. For Android devices, you will have to press down your “home” and “power” buttons simultaneously. For Apple, you will need to press the “power” and “up volume” buttons. After you do this, your devices will turn off. For Android, you’ll need to press the “home” button—and the “power” button for Apple—to turn the device back on.
- If those two options fail, you might want to uninstall and reinstall the ADT Pulse app to see if anything changes.
ADT Pulse App is Offline
- Check to make sure your Wi-Fi connection is stable or connected. Check to make sure your Gateway is actually on. It could just be a simple issue that your device is just not on.
- Unplug and plug your system back in.
ADT Pulse App is Not Properly Installing or Updating
You might not even be able to properly install the app and therefore run into an even bigger problem. There are a couple of important things to make sure are working properly so that you’re able to download the app correctly:
- You need to check your Wi-Fi connection to ensure that your device is properly connected. There could be a delay in downloading if you have a poor Wi-Fi connection or slow mobile data.
- Make sure that you have enough storage on your phone to be able to download your app. Without enough storage, your app won’t even be able to update itself properly, leading to other issues.
ADT Pulse App Login Issue
Your app might not be working properly because of issues logging in. This could happen for many reasons:
- The problem could just be that you forgot your login credentials and might just need to reset them.
- The app itself might be down at the time you use it, and it might just work if you keep trying to log in.
- You might want to check your Wi-Fi connection and mobile data when logging in. This could be leading to a slow login.
ADT Pulse App Can’t Connect to Wi-Fi
Your device might have a connection error, and this could be caused by:
- The entire server is down. You might have to wait a couple of minutes to ensure that it is just a system error.
- Your Wi-Fi or mobile data is not properly connecting to your device. You can check your router or your mobile data connection to make sure that everything is connected properly.
Not Receiving Notifications from the ADT Pulse App
The main reason you downloaded a security app is to get security notifications sent straight to your mobile device. With that being said, not getting notifications on your phone is a serious problem. Here are some ways to fix that:
- In your “App,” go to “ADT Plus” and then “Notifications.” This is where you can check to see if your notifications are enabled or not. If they are not, you’ll want to enable them.
- If you do not hear any notification sounds, you will need to verify that your settings are not set to mute notification sounds.
Although these are just some of the many problems you can run into with your ADT Pulse app, these are the most common issues and their fixes. If you run into any unexpected issues that we did not cover above, you can always reach out to ADT’s support line for further assistance.