6 Things You Can Still Do With Fire Stick Lite
Sometimes it feels as though you have barely taken your device out of the box before a newer and “better” model arrives on the market! While Amazon is constantly improving their Fire Sticks and seem to have a new one every year, the older models are still functioning perfectly! So let’s find out six things you can still do with Fire Stick Lite!
If you want to learn what each of these features means for your home entertainment system and why the Fire Stick Lite is still a great choice for your streaming device, keep reading! We have everything you need to know about this handy tool right here!
6 Things You Can Still Do With the Fire Stick Lite
Whether you already have a Fire Stick Lite or are thinking of opting for this option for your external streaming device, it truly is a great option. While it may not offer some of the fancier features that the newer models have, it still has six offerings that make the Fire Stick Lite a worthwhile appliance.
Here’s what you can still do with Fire Stick Lite:
- Easily Install It Without Wires or Technicians
- Use Alexa Voice Controls
- Watch All your Favorite Streaming Sites
- Listen to Music
- Watch Live TV
- Save Your Money
Now, let’s break these reasons down so you can better understand what the Fire Stick Lite has to offer.
One of the most popular features of the Fire Stick Lite is that literally anyone can install it. You don’t need to hire a technician or know a single thing about technology!
- Plug the USB Micro cable into the power adapter.
- Plug the other end into the Fire Stick Lite.
- Plug the Fire Stick Lite into an HDMI port in your TV.
That’s it! Then you will be prompted to sign into your home wireless network and your Amazon account and you will be good to go!
Let’s face it, no one likes using remotes. They always seem to be lost and having several of them for different devices is really annoying.
Luckily, you can still control the Fire Stick Lite with your voice! The streaming device has Alexa built in, and all you need to do is connect Alexa to the device via the app on your phone.
Watch Endless Entertainment
The Fire Stick Lite offers all the same streaming platforms as the newer, more expensive models. If you have a subscription, you can watch endless hours of entertainment on Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, Disney +, HBO, and dozens of others!
There is nothing that you cannot watch on the Fire Stick Lite!
Listen to Music
The Fire Stick Lite supports Pandora, Spotify, and Apple Music, as well as several other music streaming apps.
That means you don’t have to change devices to switch from TV to music, and you can listen to all your favorites directly from your television.
Watch Live TV
Many people don’t know that the Fire Stick Lite also offers live TV options. All you need to do is download your live TV app of choice to enjoy the news, sports games, or any of your favorite live programming.
Save Your Money
Maybe the best thing that the Fire Stick Lite can do is save you money! If you already have the Fire Stick Lite, you do not need to buy an entire new device, it will still do almost everything the newer models can do.
And if you haven’t made the purchase yet, as the most affordable streaming device on the market, opting for the Fire Stick Lite will still save you money!
Downsides of the Fire Stick Lite
Even though the Fire Stick Lite has a lot to offer, there are a few disadvantages to be aware of.
- It does not offer 4K resolution. If you have a 4K TV, and if you bought your television in the past few years, it probably does, that means you are enjoying a great picture quality. However, when using the Fire Stick Lite for streaming, it will only show 1080 HD resolution which will decrease the quality.
- The remote can’t control your TV. Although the streaming device is easy to use, you will need to use two separate remotes to control it, one for the television, i.e. the input and volume, and one to navigate through the Fire Stick Lite’s menu.
- It doesn’t connect to external sound systems. If your television is connected to an external sound system, the Fire Stick Lite won’t make the same connection and it will only play audio through the TV’s original speakers.
Whether or not these are deal breaking disadvantages is really up to you, but at least now you have all the information you need to do so!
The Bottom Line
The Fire Stick Lite can still do a lot, and it may just be the best streaming device for your budget and your life.
Luckily, you are now a Fire Stick Lite expert so you can decide for yourself!