4 Best Wi-Fi Routers for Ring Doorbell
Finding a great Wi-Fi router to keep your Ring Doorbell’s features up and running is crucial. A lagging or slow internet connection can limit your Ring’s video quality and how quickly you get notifications. With a great Wi-Fi router, you can ensure that you know who is at your door quickly and efficiently.
Everyone knows how amazing a Ring Doorbell can be in your home. To save you time looking for quality Wi-Fi routers, we’ve put together a list of the best options. Continue reading to see which Wi-Fi routers you absolutely must have to keep your Ring Doorbell operating at its best.
Amazon Eero Pro Mesh Wi-Fi Router
The Ring Doorbell is compatible with Alexa and many other devices owned by Amazon, so it only makes sense to also have a router made by Amazon: Eero. This router also has maximum security features and is very hard to hack into—perfect if you live in an apartment or another crowded area.
Eero also has an app that allows installation and set up to be extremely easy. (Setup can be done in as little as 5 minutes!)
Some additional important features include:
- Cutting edge Wi-Fi – Eero automatically updates every night
- Mesh network – get multiple access points to keep your entire home connected
- Two ethernet ports – perfect for connecting additional devices
- 2x faster connection – comes with tri-band technology
Overall, the Eero router is a great choice for your Ring Doorbell. It makes all your devices able to be interconnected and work together in one simple package.
Ring Chime Pro
You can’t go wrong with a router made by Ring, especially for Ring devices. Ring says this router is a three-in-one solution because it comes with a Wi-Fi extender, a nightlight, and a chime box to help you better hear your Ring Doorbell and Chime notifications.
While this router won’t be able to give you Wi-Fi for your entire home, it will give you the perfect Wi-Fi for your Ring Doorbell as well as other Ring devices that you may own.
The best features of the Ring Chime Pro are:
- Extend your Wi-Fi – the router lets you extend the signal up to 2000 square feet
- Built–in light –the device turns on automatically and can be motion censored
- Customize your chime tones – have the freedom to adjust all audio and volume levels
- High connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi connection 2.4 or 5.0 GHz
You will need another type of router to power the whole house, but the Ring Chime Pro is the best choice to connect Ring devices and get quick notifications.
Google Wi-Fi AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi SystemWi-Fi Router
Many people stay away from Google Wi-Fi devices when using Ring since Ring is not compatible with Google Assistant. Despite this predicament, Google Wi-Fi can still be an amazing choice to solve your Ring connectivity issues.
This Wi-Fi system comes in a one-pack and three-pack. More devices will be needed if you have a larger home or more than one Ring device.
Some fantastic features of the Google Mesh Wi-Fi include:
- Simple setup – the Google Home app can be used to complete setup in a few minutes
- Parental controls –perfect if you want to manage screen time or restrict certain apps
- Eco-friendly –49% of the product is made from recycled materials
- Whole-home coverage – the three-pack gives you coverage up to 4500 square feet
Google Mesh Wi-Fi is a great option to give your entire home the coverage needed for multiple devices. It can replace your router and add additional connecting points to ensure that every room in your home has an optimal connection for Ring devices.
Amazon Eero 6 Dual-Band Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router
This Wi-Fi router offers support for more than 75+ devices simultaneously, so it is the best option if you have several people in your house that will all be using Wi-Fi simultaneously.
The most important features of the Eero 6 are:
- Built-in smart home hub – hub is by Zigbee and can be connected to Alexa
- Automatic updates – keep security features for your router updated
- TrueMesh technology – no dead spots or buffering, which means you can stream HD videos and do work conferences all online
- Expand your system anytime – the hardware is compatible with almost every Eero product
This router is perfect for homes with several students or young professionals who all need a stable Wi-Fi connection. It will also keep your live view Ring Doorbell features fully operational.
There are many great options to choose from for the best routers for your Ring Doorbell. Some will provide a whole home connection, while others are targeted to just keep your device fast and efficient.